5 Ways to Make the Simple Tasks of Taking Care of Your Home More Meaningful
If you know me, you know that I have a powerful domestic streak. I enjoy cleaning. It helps me clarify my thoughts and to-do list. And I have four dogs which makes it a necessity. They make me laugh.
I love ironing my sheets. Ironed sheets make crawling into bed feel like you’re at a 5-star hotel. And ironing is relaxing. Although I don’t expect you to begin ironing your sheets, maybe start with the pillowcases? (Just kidding!)
I love taking care of my plants too – indoors and outdoors. They remind me of the miracle of nature. I love creating a home that’s beautiful and feels good. It allows me to relax when I walk through the door after a long day.
Here are the 5 ways:
- Make your bed. It might be the only thing you have control of first thing in the morning. It welcomes you back at the end of the day. No chaos.
- Bring plants into your home. If you’re not so great with plants, start small; not too many at once. If a plant dies, replace it. You can try fresh flowers if that seems less daunting.
- Reduce clutter. When I first started my business, I added organizing to interior design as a service. It’s something that if done frequently helps you feel in control and on top of things. Clutter leaves no room to move forward in life for the next phase and possibility. Clear out those things that are dragging you down and watch what happens!
- Create a proper space to have dinner. Set the table. Dim the lights. Light the candles. You can do this whether you are cooking a great meal or just warming up take-out. You made it through your day. Take time to relate to your partner, family, and animals. Be grateful.
- Create a space for reflection or meditation. This will indicate to you that it’s okay to sit down and read and relax. It’s so important to take care of our minds, bodies, and spirits.
When you create a home that resonates with you, it makes a difference in your life.